PRIVATE PILOT GROUND SCHOOL
WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. GROUND SCHOOL IS A CORNERSTONE TO SUCCESSFUL FLIGHT TRAINING!
Learning to fly requires more than just "Stick and Rudder" skills. To be a safe pilot, you must also understand aerodynamics, rules and regulations, airspace, aircraft performance, and several other key knowledge areas.
Due to the current level of student demand and our experience with successfully teaching student pilots, we HIGHLY ENCOURAGE new students to take a ground school course. IF YOU ARE A BRAND NEW STUDENT, we are HAPPY to offer you an introductory flight lesson. However, we generally will not continue your flight training beyond that point unless you have passed your FAA Written Exam or are enrolled in a ground school course.
WHY? We teach Ground School with two specific objectives:
1. PASS THE CHECKRIDE
2. PASS THE PRIVATE PILOT KNOWLEDGE TEST
- 6-8:30 PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- 18 lessons, including a practice FAA test.
- Next class date expected late spring/early summer
- To register, call 850-453-4181 or shoot us an email:
WHERE? Ferguson Airport FBO classroom
HOW MUCH? $400 for the class, plus books and materials (approx. $210).
MATERIALS REQUIRED: (purchase on your own no later than start of class #2):
- Jeppesen Part 61 Kit <-Click for link
- New Orleans Sectional Chart (Don't purchase until later in the class).
DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT CLASS? Jason Schappert's M0A.com online ground school is an alternative way to learn the material. Click the link below: